Friday, March 11, 2011

Catalog & CD Cover Art

To switch things up at my house from time to time, I'll look around for paper goods that inspire me. Sometimes it comes in the form of catalogs from places like Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. I flip through them for photos with stuff instead of people - stuff that is styled well, or color combinations that speak to me - and then I cut out the pages and put them in frames or on my inspiration board.

I really enjoyed the spring Anthropologie catalog, so I tore out a few pages to stick in random places.



I really liked the bright colors in this table/eating scene so I framed it and put it in my kitchen window.



This line up of old fashioned scissors caught my eye. I cut it out, mounted it on white card stock and it landed in a frame on my nightstand.



Do you guys still buy CDs? Yes, CDs, they still exist. And I like them. Buying music at a real store and popping it in my car stereo a few minutes later still does it for me.
A few months back, I bought a Sara Bareilles CD. One of my favorite things in the world is to read the 'thank you' section of a CD cover. I always try to uncover their dirt, like what person they thanked do they actually have a relationship with? Or do they have a spouse? A dog? Do they get really cheeky with their band mates? Do they get a little silly and enjoy what they do? Hmm? It's like blog stalking, really. 

Anyway, while flipping through the cover, I found three images I loved. So I promptly cut them out and put them side by side in a floating frame. 


And on my mantel it remains.


What do you use for cheap or free art in your home? The possibilities really are endless, especially if it's something with sentimental value ... what about fabric scraps, birthday cards, a book jacket, a candy wrapper, tickets to a show, pressed flowers, sheet music, gift tags? 

*Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...