Thursday, January 6, 2011

Plate Wall

I've been itching to change some things around my house. The New Year will do that to you. It's got to be on the cheap, though. December was a little too fun for us so I need to scale back on spending. So here's my idea for one of my dining room walls: slowly collect plates from thrift stores and the sale cabinets of Anthropologie and make a little plate wall. Here's some great inspiration for getting my juices flowing.

White, white, white. So pristine. So organized.

Kitchen Banquette traditional kitchen


This hodge podge display fits me better. I don't like too much matchy matchy, and I also have no patience for perfectly situating most of my wall hangings. And while we're in this room, take a look at that bird cage! Cool!

living space eclectic dining room


An idea for pairing plates with a mirror. I think I'd take a different route and do smaller, different shaped mirrors interspersed throughout the plates.

Dining Room eclectic dining room

This white and blue display is like WOW. I love it, especially with all those wingback chairs. Makes me feel fancy.
July 13, 2009 eclectic patio


Um. Mugs? And plates. Interesting...
Nina van de Goors Home - Studio eclectic home office


Pretty idea for a bathroom.
XStyles Bath Design Studio contemporary bathroom
Black plates! Where can I get me some of those?
Vanessa De Vargas / Turquoise L.A.

I like that chalkboard in the mix.
Beadboard  family room traditional family room
This display rules because of those sweet little black and white photos tacked on at random.
From http://www.vtwonen.nl/ eclectic dining room

Are you itching to make some home decor changes? What's on your radar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...