Monday, January 24, 2011

Nursery Dresser Search

I started a design board for my kids' uni-sex nursery. I'll be sharing some projects with you as I put it together in the next couple months on a scant budget. 

So far I've got an obsession: this dresser from the cool new Baby Mod line at Walmart. Not so much a Walmarty price, though. It's 300 bucks. Hmmm. I paid $30 for my daughter's crib on Craigslist. So anything above $100 for baby gear just frightens me. To Craigslist we go to find a suitable knockoff for this dresser of glory!

This one makes me stop breathing. At $250 it's not much better. But saving $50 is a start.



Not much else on Craigslist at the moment, but I'm going to keep looking there and around area thrift stores and I will keep you posted on what I find. 

My criteria for the dresser is this:

1) It needs to have modern lines (mid-centery modern is even better).

2) It needs to be low enough to make it a temporary changing table.

That's it. It can come in whatever color or wood because I'll probably end up painting it anyway. It can come with or without pulls/knobs because I'll probably add or replace those, too.

Check back in a few days for a look at my weekend project: reupholstered kitchen chairs.

Happy Monday!

*Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...