Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fluffy Light

Are you ever thinking of something and wondering how to do it and then somebody just up and does it? Ever since I saw this image on the cover of Downtown Chic, I've been thinking, "There's got to be a way to recreate that light for cheap." 

I was scanning MadeByGirl today and found this post which led to Nichole's awesome DIY for the fluffy light at her blog, Parlour. She started with a Chinese lantern.

She simply used coffee filters and a glue gun.


And she started gluing. Maybe I shouldn't have said "simply." It took 1200 coffee filters. HELLO!

Look how beautiful it is in her house.



The wheels are turning. What about spray painting it? What about doing several smaller ones in a cluster? I love how Nichole used blue ribbon to hang hers. What about using several different colored ribbons?

Love and lozenges,

Martha

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...