Thursday, October 7, 2010

Design Board Sample: Bedroom


Here's another sample of a Design Board Inspiration sample. This is obviously not a color palette that would suit everyone, but I was in the mood to create a bright, happy bedroom, and this is what I came up with. The black and white map print was my inspiration and jumping off point. This is a modern, hip space that has the potential to be unisex. There are basic pieces like the bed, chair and armoire that anchor the room and the accessories and art make it come to life. My favorite items are the cylinder lamp, the stackable cube shelf and the XO accent pillow. I could imagine this as a college bedroom that would also double as a great place to entertain and just hang out. What do you think? Pretty daring, right? You could totally pull it off, though. The sky is the limit when it comes to decorating your house. I love what Cortney Novogratz said in her Downtown Chic book I blogged about earlier. When they re-did a country house in New England, they were the only ones with yellow shutters - everyone else had black or dark green ones. One day another kid said to Cortney's son, "My mom thinks you have the ugliest shutters in Massachusetts." That didn't deter Cortney. They still liked the yellow and kept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...