Thursday, September 1, 2011

Variation on Apple + Pear

When I saw the cover of this month's Martha Stewart Living magazine, I knew what I needed to do.


You see, when I made this green canvas with the grey apple on it awhile back, I knew it was not exactly what I wanted. Also, it was too small a print for the wall it was on. So, enter the pear. And my variation on the apple and pear pair from the magazine cover.


I switched the apple colors to pink, since the pink stem was what I liked best from the original apple. Then I chose a 20x30 canvas, painted it with Krylon spray paint in the color Blue Ocean Breeze and added a yellow pear.


I love the combination of colors. They are unexpected, playful and fun.

My apple is so much happier with a pear for a friend.



*Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...