Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tiny House Movement



Are you guys watching Design Star? It's down to the final two designers. I'm rooting for Karl ... what about you? Their latest design challenge, space planning and decorating tiny houses (you can see the episode here ), made me so excited! I've been thinking about small spaces lately and they really, really, really excite me. It's the minimalist in me. I love my small apartment and wouldn't mind staying there forever mostly because it's easy to clean and maintain, and it forces me to find a space for everything. To see people taking small living spaces to the extreme fascinates me and I love to see how other people make use of their small spaces. Recently I went to a boat show (is that what it was called?) where people were showing off their old, wooden boats. Some people live in them! I could not stop asking them questions about life in a cramped cabin space. They loved it. Hey, whatever floats your boat. (Sorry.) Then, my sister told me about the Tiny House Blog. Of course there is a blog of tiny houses! Sometimes, the human race pleases me. Here are a few...







What about you? Could you live in a tiny house?


*Martha

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of such a minimal space, but I don't know if I could handle the kitchen. I mean, you'd have to go shopping every single day for your supper. NO storage. I also love my kitchen gadgets and pots and pans and serving things. The rest of the space I think I could handle, but not the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...