Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Darkness

I just moved to Seattle and the gloom has inspired me. You heard me! I love gloom! I do. I mean, I know I'll get sick of it. But for now, I will embrace it. The gloom brings so many feelings over me. It says: cozy, soup, umbrella, rain boots, freshness, bath, and ... dark blue paint.

That's why I can't stop thinking about Jenna Lyons' home tour I saw a long time ago in our beloved late Domino magazine. She's the executive creative director and president of J.Crew. Would you look at the jaw-dropping way she did charcoal walls all over the place? Guess what? It's chalkboard paint.


And that's sack cloth tacked to the headboard!


An open closet - interesting. But I guess when clothes are your life, you just never get sick of seeing their beauty.


She balances it out with plenty of white.


And a pop or two of yellow.


What do you think of your entire house being one color scheme? There's something about it that makes me feel calm. Like I don't have to worry about turning the corner from and seeing something shocking or new. I can have the same mood in all of the rooms.

Love and lozenges,

Martha

2 comments:

  1. I never even thought about having a whole house the same color scheme, but it makes sense! Her nursery kicks trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! You'd think you'd get sick of it. But I don't. I love it. Um, yeah, the nursury. One of my faves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...