Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fabric Book

While I was at Ikea last week I found a super fun book in the FABRIC section of the store it is called "Love for Textiles". It is FILLED with beautiful images of inspiration. It is all about using fabric in new and UNIQUE ways. PLUS it tells you how to do a lot of the things that they have shown. What is so awesome is some of the treatments that they have done you don't even need to know how to sew to do them. I HIGHLY recommend it. It is so fun to look at. There aren't many words but boy do I wish I could jump into the pictures and live there. Check out these pictures of INSPIRATION from the book (sorry for the poor quality...my scanner was broken so I took pictures with my camera.I just loved this picture...a lot of the pictures have that vintage look. I also loved that throughout the book there is an eclectic mix of old and new.

They have GREAT tips and easy projects with easy directions.


I liked this idea of just wrapping a chair leg with a ribbon to give it a ballerina flair...so cute.


Wrapping a book case in fabric is a BEAUTIFUL way to liven up your space.


I love that they used a chair as an end table. And the headboard is actually a mattress wrapped in fabric...what an cool idea...I think I might do that because I have one of those thin Ikea mattresses that we don't use anymore.
#2 is a fun idea...use magazines stacked up as a table.

I am in LOVE with textiles...fabrics just SPEAK to me. Next week I will have a post that will teach us a little more about the fabrics we use everyday.

Peace!
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...